Some highlights of 2014:
- Founder and Board President Lynn Grotsky named 2014 Pride Day Award Winner and 2014 Women of Achievement by YWCA
- Received our 501(c)3 in April Moved from being an all-volunteer organization and hired our first staff person in April, Executive Director, Jessica McKimmie
- Brought students to Seattle for a free concert with the Seattle Men’s Chorus Had a great time at Capital City Pride!
- Awarded the $24,935 Community Investment Partnership Grant from United Way and the cities of Tumwater, Lacey, and Olympia for capacity building
- Established a formal Board of Directors
- The Olympian, KAOS Radio, Thurston Talks and other media outlets covered stories on Pizza Klatch and the importance of our work
- Recognized by the Seattle Storm WNBA Basketball and State Farm Insurance as partners in their Community Assist Program
- Awarded a $5,000 grant from Pride Foundation for general operations
- Continue to work closely with partner organizations like Stonewall Youth, The Crisis Clinic, CYS and Rosie’s Place, Dispute Resolution Center, Safe Place & more
- Held A Slice of the Good Life, our inaugural gayla at the Washington Center for Performing Arts, entertaining ￼￼￼￼nearly 600 community members with the talents of Vicci Martinez, The Righteous Mothers, incredible student art, Keynote speaker Congressman Denny Heck, and VIP Reception speakers Senator Karen Fraser, Representative Laurie Jinkins, and Marissa Rathbone from OSPI.
- We raised an astounding $62,000 at A Slice of the Good Life in community and corporate sponsorships, revenues from auction items and donations
- Launched our Facebook and Twitter pages!
- Find us at: www.facebook.com/pizzaklatchgroups and twitter.com/pizzaklatch