Join our team of Volunteers at Pizza Klatch!
Become a Volunteer Pizza Klatch Facilitator!
We’re looking for folx who are:
- LGBTQ+ or a really awesome Ally
- Be knowledgeable of local resources for LGBTQ+ youth
- Have awareness about the impacts and effects of intersectional oppressions such as homophobia, transphobia, racism, classism, ableism on queer youth
- Experienced in working with LGBTQ+ teens and/or marginalized youth
- Available to volunteer weekly at a Thurston County High School during lunch
- Compassionate, great listener and communicator
- Aware of the complexity of LGBTQ+ issues in today’s society
- Able to acknowledge the importance of respecting the diverse gender identities, pronouns and sexualities of our staff, fellow volunteers and youth, especially if they differ from your own
In addition, you must meet the following requirements:
- 21 years of age or 3 years out of high school by the time school year begins
- Be aware that due to conflict of interest, objectivity and confidentiality, facilitators shall not facilitate groups at schools where a child, dependent or family member goes to school
- Fill out necessary background check forms with Pizza Klatch and each school district
If this is you, we’d love for you to apply!
Click here to fill out our online application!
NOW SEEKING VOLUNTEERS FOR THE 9TH ANNUAL PIZZA KLATCH GAYLA: MAS-QUEER-ADE!
Descriptions of Volunteer Positions: CLICK HERE TO READ
Sign Up to Volunteer at the Gayla HERE!
Any questions? Feel free to contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Lex Langguth-Torres at Lex@pizzaklatch.org.